(updated: May 29, 2019)
This document contains the rules concerning the confidentiality of data of users who use or visit our products and websites.
We have great respect for the privacy of our users, and we want to protect it both while they visit websites and apps. So, we are careful when managing all data (anonymous, non-personal, and personal information) our users share with us.
Our apps and sites are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness for a purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, we make no warranty that: our apps and sites will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; the results that may be obtained from the use of apps and sites will be effective, accurate or reliable; the quality of apps and sites will meet your expectations; any errors in apps and sites will be corrected.
Apps and sites could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. We can make changes to apps and sites without advice and we assume no responsibility for errors or ommissions in them.
In no event shall we be liable to you or any third parties for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of our apps and sites.
The use of our apps and sites is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or from our web site shall create any warranty for apps and sites.
Kind of information
We may manage anonymous and non-personal information. Non-personal information consists of technical, behavioural, and aggregated information. It may contain, among other things, user’s activity on sites and apps, together with the type of operating system and more. This type of information does not enable identification of an individual user. We could use this information for analytics purposes.
We may also collect personal information, only for specific situations. Personal information consists of information that can be used to identify the user. For example, email and name of users that ask for support (by using our website) can be used by us to respond and help them to solve their requests.
Anonymous and non-personal information
We develop products and services to enforce privacy of our users. We are focused to secure data software and we want to protect our user’s data about privacy.
We may collect anonymous and non-personal information to give support to users and to improve quality of our products, giving our users the best experience that is possible.
All data are used in a way that cannot identify you.
Using this data we can improve our products and services. Advertising on our apps and websites is used to keep our free products free.
Collected data can be used mainly for analytics purpose, to help our internal strategies about segmented marketing, to obtain statistical information in aggregate way, and to improve our current products or create new products to satisfy the users’ needs.
What about collected anonymous and non-personal information?
Anonymous and non-personal information include:
- operating system and version;
- kind of devices;
- information about the usage of our apps and websites;
- channels used to reach our products and websites (URL, referrals, and so on…);
- information about where our products and services are used, including approximate location;
- other information that are useful and can be used for analytics purposes (read also the following section about Analytics Tools).
We collect also non-personal data to make money from our free offerings so we can keep them free, including:
- advertising ID (associated with device);
- Mobile network used to connect to our apps and websites;
- ISP (Internet Service Provider) used to connect to our apps and websites;
- Some of non-personal data can potentially contain information that might identify the user. However, in this case, we treat data as personal data and we anonymize this information, by aggregating it with other information that cannot make possible any personal identification.
We may collect personal information for the following reasons:
- to offer support services to our users (for example, email and name of users that ask for support can be used by us to respond and help them to solve their requests);
- to enable purchasing and/or downloading of specific products by specific users (for example, users that previously bought a mobile product with in-app purchase, like a full version, can restore it after the hard reset of the device);
- to provide information about new and upgraded products;
- to provide other information requested by users (connected with the use of our apps and sites);
We may collect information when users provide us information, or when users use our apps and sites. Collection is also done automatically through the use of technical elements like, for example, cookies (for analytics purposes).
What about collected personal information?
We collect some personal information only when user provide it to us (for example, when user send us a request of support by using our websites or apps).
In this case, collected personal information can include:
- Telephone number;
- Payment information (only for activities connected to transactions completed by users).
Other personal information can be collected automatically when the user access our apps and websites.
In this case, collected personal information can include:
- IP address (Internet Protocol) of the user;
- Kind of device;
- Device ID numbers, Machine ID, IMEI, or MEID;
- Data about geographic location based on GPS/Wi-Fi/communications network local information.
Sharing of information
Sharing of information collected from our users depends on whether it is anonymous / non-personal, or personal.
Anonymous and/or non-personal information:
Our apps and websites use some services offered by Google and WordPress Automattic for analytical and advertising purposes (for example, Google Analytics, AdMob for Android, and JetPack Stats for WordPress).
So, we may share anonymous and/or non-personal information with these third parties and may publicly display aggregate or anonymous information (for example, concerning the main infections and malware detected during specific timeframes).
We don’t share personal information collected from our users to third parties.
We may share your personal data only in these cases:
- when necessary to deliver the product or service you require such as with a payment card provider who we use to process your credit card transaction;
- when required to protect and defend the rights or property of our legal entity, our products, our websites, or our services;
- when necessary to protect the personal safety, property or other rights of the public, our legal entity or customers;
- when authorized by law or necessary to comply with a valid legal process;
Protection of gathered information
Information that we can collect are stored on protected servers. Special measures are taken to protect information and access is restricted to a limited number of authorized persons, who need the access in order to administer our websites and apps and ensure their proper functionality, especially with regard to technical support.
We use Google Analytics to get information about usage of our apps. It allows us to better understand how our websites and apps are used, and to make better decisions about design and writing.
For further information about Google Analytics and information that are gathered, please, refer to the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
Only for our website and only for the analytical purposes, we use JetPack Stats for WordPress (Automattic).
In general, analytics and advertising partners may collect additional information such as device identifiers, ip addresses, geo-location information and any other information that may help to segment the users to serve them better. Our third party providers may also store such information on the Users device via generally accepted industry technologies used within the apps, such as “cookies” and local storage.
Cookies and Local Storage
When you access or use the Apps, we and/or our Third parties may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies”, web beacons and local storage (or other similar technologies), which store certain local information on your device (“Local Storage”) which may enable automatic activations of certain features (such as user preferences), monitoring of use of the Apps (counting Users who visit certain pages, use certain tools, viewed certain advertisements, etc.), frequency capping (for example, not show an ad multiple times after it reaches a certain threshold, etc.) and making the User’s App experience and usage simpler, more relevant, convenient and effortless. Such information is locally stored in the User’s Device. We and/or Third Parties may access such information. Third Parties may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Such Local Storage used by the apps may store non-personal information as well as User persistent identifier, geo-location data and more. It is easy to prohibit and/or delete the Local Storage using options provided by your device and/or by uninstalling the app from your device. Most browsers and platforms will allow you to erase cookies from a device, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please follow specific instruction provided by the technology provider and/or Third Parties privacy policies to disable and/or erase Local Storage. Your app experience may be affected by this and may be limited.